Nigerian entertainers have continued to speak out against Ghanaian television stations over the alleged unauthorised broadcast of their films.
Some of them say the stations picked their movies from YouTube and aired them without asking for permission or obtaining the rights to broadcast them.
Here are some Nigerian celebrities who have publicly called out Ghanaian TV stations over the issue.
1. Iyabo Ojo

Nollywood actress Iyabo Ojo accused a Ghanaian television station of showing her recently released film, The Memory of You Part 2, without her permission.
Ojo made the complaint in an Instagram video on Saturday and identified the station as Ghana’s North East TV.
The actress said she woke up to discover that the station had already started showing the film, even though she had not given the station permission to broadcast it.
Ojo described the alleged unauthorised broadcast as unfair to filmmakers who depend on revenue from their productions to cover the costs of making films.
2. Uchenna Mbunabo

Nollywood producer Uchenna Mbunabo accused some Ghanaian television stations of downloading Nigerian films from YouTube and showing them for free.
Mbunabo questioned the practice, asking whether it was legal for television stations to go to YouTube, download filmmakers’ work and broadcast it without paying for it.
“I noticed that Ghanaian TV stations, the way they are stealing our films and showing them for free with impunity. Is it legalised in your country for TV stations to go on YouTube, download people’s sweat and show it for free?” he asked.
3. Bimbo Ademoye

Nigerian actress and filmmaker Bimbo Ademoye has also spoken about what she considers a disregard for her intellectual property rights by some Ghanaian television stations.
Her concerns add to complaints from other Nigerian filmmakers who have accused Ghanaian TV stations of showing their films without seeking permission.
The actress’ position reflects the growing frustration among Nigerian film practitioners over the use of their work without their consent.
READ ALSO: Ghana Threatens Tougher Penalties for TV Stations Pirating Nigerian Films
4. Omoni Oboli

Nollywood actress and filmmaker Omoni Oboli also criticised the airing of films without permission.
Oboli said showing films without the owners’ approval makes a mockery of the effort that goes into producing them.
She also threatened legal action against stations that broadcast her films without permission and said she would hold them accountable for what she described as intellectual property theft.
5. Nosa Rex

Nollywood actor Nosa Rex publicly criticised several Ghanaian television stations over the alleged unauthorised broadcast of his film, Prince of Peace.
Rex said he had no problem with his followers but took issue with the actions of the television stations.
He said the practice could continue to affect Ghana’s entertainment industry.
The actor also pointed out that every film involves actors, directors, writers, crew members and producers who put their time, energy and creativity into bringing a story to life.
For Rex, protecting creative works goes beyond a legal issue. He believes it also helps people in the entertainment industry survive.
6. Papaya Ex

Nigerian actressRaheem Abike Halima, popularly known as Papaya Ex, has also spoken about Ghanaian television stations allegedly showing her films without permission.
Papaya Ex joined other Nigerian entertainers who have raised concerns about Ghanaian stations showing their movies without obtaining consent.
Her complaint has added to the growing conversation among Nigerian filmmakers and entertainers about the unauthorised use of their creative works.
![]()